Saturday 1 September 2012

North West Philofaxy meet-up

Well folks, I am a virgin blogger who has been toying with the idea of blogging for a while. I guess I just needed a little bit of encouragement and inspiration. So here goes.......
Today is a day that I have been quite excited about for some time. The Philofaxy North West meet-up.
I decided last night which filofaxes I was going to take with me and packed them into rather a large bag. Larger than I am used to carrying! I planned my train journey and wrote the times down in my filofax - of course.
This morning I got the train to Manchester and set off nor really knowing who I would meet or what to expect. When I got to our meeting place in the BHS cafe, there were 2 people sitting at a table with a little sign saying Philofaxy on it. I was relieved as I expected to have to look for people waving their filos in the air or something. There were another two arrive after me. We were a fabulous filofax five!
There was me, Anthony, Lucy, Jenny and Alison. We soon had our filofaxes piled on the table and were having fun comparing inserts & ideas. We were that busy talking that we almost forgot about the shopping part!
We did manage lunch as well, which Anthony very kindly (and very naughtily) insisted on paying for (for all of us!!!)
We shopped at TK Maxx, Ryman and Paperchase. I could have spent some serious amounts of money in Paperchase if I had not been time restricted due to having a train to catch!!! Seriously, I could happily spend a whole day in that place, and a second day in TK Maxx.



Here are some of my photos, but I must apologise to Jenny, as the her picture came out too dark due to her having a window seat. (My photography skills leave a lot to be desired)
Well I hope someone out there enjoys my first blog as much as I have enjoyed my day in Manchester. We have decided to do it on a fairly regular basis as we all got on famously. What a lovely bunch!

12 comments:

  1. That looks a very reasonable display of organisers considering the number of people there!

    I hope you hold a repeat event soon. May be I might make it to one of your meet ups during one of my UK visits... Manchester is fairly easy to get to from this part of France! Direct flights from Tours

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lovely if you could make one of our meet up's Steve :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Steve! Great, my first comment on my new blog, YAY! yes, we impressed ourselves with our little pile. We definitely plan to make it a fairly regular thing. It was great fun. It would be brilliant if you could make it to one of our next meet-ups. I will let you know when we are planning our next little filo-adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb!!! I told you it was easy! What a very enjoyable day we all had. It was lovely to meet you! We must do it again some time. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh by the way, I'm on Facebook as Lucy Lastic if you want to hook up x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Lucy, it was so great meeting such a chatty, friendly and enthusiastic bunch of people. Oh and thanks for the blog encouragement ;) I think this could be quite addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Debbie, it was a great day and lovely to meet you, can't wait for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely to meet you too! Yes, I think we should plan a date soon :)

      Delete
  7. HiDeb
    Glad to see that you took the plunge Debbie. It was a great success our very first meet up in the North West. It was really wonderful to meet everyone. We talked all the time, mostly about Filos (of course) and getting to know one another. The highly respectful number of Filos we brought was apparently not all that could have been shown, this was due of course to the whole logistic thing. We could have done with more time but sadly at about 4pm it was time to say goodbye. We did talk about our next meet up in about five or six months time. So we're all looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony, I agree it was a great success. Maybe we need to meet up earlier next time and I will have to catch a later train back. I can't believe how fast the time went!
      Maybe we shouldn't leave it as long as 6 mths till the next one, I'm excited at the prospect of it already ha ha!

      Delete
  8. Aww I'm sorry I couldn't make it after. Sounds like you all had a fab day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angharad, Yes i was really good fun! I'm sure it will be the first of many, so maybe you could make it to the next one :)

    ReplyDelete